Hi, I’m Dawy (pronounced DAY-wee for the non-Thai speaking folks of the world). Among many other things, I’m a writer, and this website—named after my actual first name—is meant to be a portfolio for that.
How this website came to be
I’ve been a consistent writer since my days of journaling in those black-and-white speckled compositions books. My preferred writing formats have changed throughout the years. Sometimes they’re blog entries, sometimes poetry, and other times lyric essays. As of 2017, I’ve finally decided to invest in myself as a writer, take it seriously as a hobby and maybe eventually something more.
What to expect from the blog
Since I’m just starting out, I’m going to let myself be pretty exploratory. Still, let’s call this a “lifestyle blog” since I don’t want (and don’t know how) to limit myself to a niche.
I’m likely going to offer my insights and advice on what it means to be a twenty-something woman of color navigating this world, throughout the realms of health and wellness (in accessible, non-shaming ways), career, and relationships. Because I’m also a writer and an avid reader, I’ll be including posts along those categories as well.
I haven’t found a place for myself in the blogosphere, and maybe that means I need to carve one out for myself.
A few other things about me
- I have a two-year-old dog named Luna who I’m obsessed with
- I play the guitar, dabble with the keyboard, and cover a lot of Ingrid Michaelson songs; once in a while I do write my own songs, but they are mostly about my dog
- I have a terrible fear of flying but end up doing it all the time for family, school, and work
- I can’t get enough of Shake Shack’s peanut butter milkshakes (but In-N-Out fries are still number one)
- The best concert I’ve ever been to was Tegan and Sara’s Love You to Death tour in 2016
- I’ve watched Issa Rae’s Insecure at least three times because I had to get everyone hooked on it too
I’ll be working out the finer details of this blog over the next few months (or years, or forever). At some point, I’ll have a better grasp of how this is going to work out and where I fit in the blogging scene. I hope you’ll join me in the journey!